フレデリック・カユエラFrédéric CayuelaMeet Frédéric Cayuela, a French passionate wine lover and educator based in Japan.
The tremendous Master of Wine title is set as Frédéric’s ultimate life goal, however, after working over 11 years in this exciting and adventurous wine world, he managed to reach decisive milestones and to graduate from about 20 French & international wine diplomas and certifications among these:
• Diploma WSET (Level 4), graduated with Merit. (DipWSET)
• Graduated from Rivesaltes School of Agriculture in France. (DWS)
• Certified Specialist of Wine from the Society of Wine Educators. (CSW)
• Champagne Master Level holder, completion with Highest Honors.
• 日本ワイン Vin Japonais movie main navigator.
• European Grenache official representative in Japan.
• WSET & French Wine Scholar Program Instructor.
• Certified Whisky Ambassador.
Frédéric was born in the Roussillon wine region, a region located in the South of France and sharing boundaries with Spain. A 2500 year old historical vineyard often blown by the challenging Tramontane wind, and surrounded by both the Mediterranean Sea and the intimidating peak Canigou in the Pyrenees mountain.
When he was only 14 years old, during his very first grape harvest, Frédéric discovered the passion and the love for grape growing and wine making, on the other hand, he also learned both the value of the viticulture and the reward of patience in this challenging and arid region.
With over 11 years of working experience in the wine industry, Frédéric now possesses a seasoned and a unique international background.
Before moving to Japan, he worked as a wine advisor for the château Nadal Hainaut in France, and as a wine merchant, consultant, and educator in countries such as Taiwan and Singapore.
Now settled in Tokyo, Frédéric is a devoted wine ambassador and collaborates with famous French restaurants and European programs by sharing his valuable knowledge and experiences about his native and other French wine regions.